Saturday, April 26, 2008

Acetate & Tissue

WOW......... What a day I had today. My first workshop went really well. Everyone had a great time and seemed to really enjoy their make and takes. I received another booking for a workshop which is great (thanks shirlz) and their was lots of interest voiced for a techniques class or two (that'll put my thinking cap to the test). I really enjoyed bopping between the ladies helping and coaching them with their cards and bag/box. Think this may just be the niche i've been looking for. After leaving my workshop on a little high that i'd managed to pull it off without any major hitches i called in on my upline who kindly showed me a thing or two about my blog that i really wouldn't have had any clue what-so-ever on how to do myself. Thanks Michelle for your wonderful patience and guidance with what i'm sure often feels like the spanish inquisition.

Made these two cards the other day wasn't totally happy with their outcome at first but after a bit of a rehash I think i may have just pulled them off. What do you think. I think thicker tissue paper is definitely needed next time as it didn't quite get the desired effect I was after.

Receipe: Stamps: Leaves a la carte, fine lace, touch of nature, baroque motifs. Card: handsome hunter, night of navy, groovy guava. Accessories etc: PVA glue, ink refills-groovy guava,purely pomegrante, certainly celery, brocade blue, large oval, small oval,black stazon, acetate, tissue paper.




Recipe No.2.
Stamps: heartfelt thanks, touch of nature, Boho backgrounds. Card: ballet blue, purely pomegrante, whisper white. Accessories etc: PVA glue, ink refills:brocade blue,purely pomegrante, certainly celery, lavendar lace, Black Stazon, Acetate, tissue paper, versamark, sponge daubers, stamping pastels.


Forgot to mention second card is based on a similiar one Michelle made in one of her classes. Sorry Michelle I've been to so many of your cool classes I can't remember which one. Gee i think your tuition must have paid off its only 10.32 am I'm all finished. Night all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh WOW Kim - only 10.30??? That's awfully early for you. BTW, you are a natural at blogging as well!
These cards look fab! Lighter colours than before, and they look like they have a spotlight on them - really beautiful! Goodnight. Sleep well! And.... the Spanish Inquisition... HA! You should've heard me asking Trudi when she was teaching me. I'm so sure she thought I'd never shut up! Thanks to Trudi, who taught me almost all I know about blogging, and continues to patiently answer my questions, which must sound like dumb & dumber! LOL

Tru said...

Hi Kim, your blog is looking great! So are your cards I'm happy you'll be able to share your talent with the world now.

You'r blog has been linked on NZSU www.nzsublog.blogspot.com

Happy blogging and stamping
Trudi