Saturday, August 23, 2008

something sweet & non stampin

Two posts in one day. See I'm making up for my lack of posts but not with cards. I scored the job of cake maker for the celebrations tonight, I'm hoping it lives up to their expectations, seeing as I'm no expert baker or anything, but while my chocolate-mud cake-devils food cake receipe (can you tell I really don't know what to call it, but its very moist and very rich) is out I will finally get round to sharing it with some interested parties who were seeking it from a stampin gig. Hi all, you know who you are. Here Goes:
2 eggs
112g melted butter
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp baking soda
Beat this first mixture together with an electric beater for two minutes. Add to this mixture
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa (heaped)
1 tsp baking powder (also heaped)
Good pinch salt
13/4 cups sugar
Beat with wooden spoon - if lumpy use electric beater until smooth. Mixture will be runny. Bake @ 180c for approximately 25=35 mins. This makes a very large cake which I usually cook in my roasting pan (hope thats what you call it). Ice with chocloate icing when cool. Voila, one scrummy cake. Bye for now. P.S enjoy your weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

looks scrummy I love chocolate cake & always wanted a recipe for a BIG cake so thanks for sharing