Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stationery Box

Hello again, I know my posts are few and far between. I don't know what it is but I'm going to blame it on the shocking weather we've had lately. All I've really felt like doing in my time off (ha) is lounging around on the couch, reading a book or having a bath. I haven't felt the urge to stamp for awhile hmmmmmm. Just felt like hibernating. Any way here is what I have managed to create when I felt up to it. I have seen these stationery boxes on quite a few blogs now, but i think they originated from Jackie Topias (well at least thats where I found mine and thats who I'm going to give the credit to). I started making this box with my good friend( hi shirlz) last wednesday. I wasn't sure which colours I was going to use until it was suggested I try using colours I wouldn't normally go for. Hence the Groovy guava. Its not one I have used a lot of but I love my fall flowers designer paper ( i know I really need to use something else right) and thought it might team okay. Whatya know I actually don't mind it anymore. So we made the boxes together and I through down the challenge to actually complete them at home. Ha. Well I think Shirlz is actually doing a lot better than me. There's that procrastinating again. I
managed to make only two cards to go in mine so far, but I am rather pleased with them, one in particular. Can you guess which one?
Any way enough blabbering go check out Jakie Topias blog for the really cool stationery box instructions. Super easy to follow step by step.
Both the two cards in this post use the lovely new Bloomin with beauty stamp set out of the new spring mini. And yes you can start ordering now. Yay. I have pulled the colours used from the DSP paper, really rust, groovy guava, sahara sand and whisper white. I outlined the images with a blender pen and my going grey ink pad just to give it a little pop off the page.
Hope you like.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shirlz said...

Wow, Both these cards are great, if only you could bottle your talent, I think I would by a few bottles, see you tomorrow

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing link Kim. Yours looks great. Might have to give it a go myself! Oh.. and know the feeling.. I haven't felt like stamping for a while.. think its the weather here.

Tru said...

Hey Kim. must be going around. Your box and cards are fantastic.

Michelle said...

SNAP - there is definitely something in the air. None of us feel like stamping! But, this stationery box set is fab! Love your watercolouring.
Great job!
Michelle

INKcredible Girl said...

Beautiful Kim!!!o and i want to stamp i just can't seem to find the time ,gunna have to i have a swap deadline looming!