Sunday, October 12, 2008

MIA

I know it seems forever since I last posted, but with school holidays and having to work night shifts its been awhile since I was able to have a play. So last night I made the most of my night off. So there I was sitting at the table lost, I wanted to play but what to play with , I knew I had to make a birthday card for my brother-in-law so I went for a browse through last years idea and catalogue book for some inspiration. I stumbled across a card using the stamp set Tag Time that I thought hay that'll do, I didn't actually own this set but I improvised. So the top card is my improvisation.

Receipe: Card: taken with teal, not quite navy, close to cocoa, and whisper white. Ink: close to cocoa,taken with teal, not quite navy and craft white. Stamp Sets: Pick a petal, It's your birthday and polka dots & petals. Accessories: black marker, color spritzer, mat pack and dimensinals.
And the best part is I completed an NZSU challenge as well!


This is a card I've had saved to my desk top for some time now (unfortunately I can't remember who the orginal designer was to give credit). The minute I saw it I knew I'd case it at some stage. Isn't it just fantastic that there are so many talented people out there willing to share there ideas for those days when you wanna play but are mojo lost.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anna Sutherland said...

Great improvising I'm sure your brother in-law will love his card.

Anonymous said...

May have been a long time but well worth the wait! Great cards :)

Michelle said...

AREN'T THERE so many talented people out there making cards!! You are one of them! Great job Kim - fantastic to see you blogging again. I've missed seeing your creations, they are so cool.
See you tomorrow.
Michelle