Monday, January 12, 2009

My first Challenges

Okay so I finally decided to give some challenges a go. This one was supposed to be for the Kwerner colour challenge. I needed to redesign my desk-top calendar for a stamp club project seeing as I had used a stamp set that was no longer current on the one in my previous post. So I thought while I was redesigning it I might as well attempt the challenge. What do you know I finish it, go to take the photo and my camera died and I missed the deadline. Oh well at least I can finally say I've done a Kwerner challenge, maybe next time I might even make the deadline.
This next one comes courtesey of Trudi who while blog hopping found this sketch challenge of Makeesha's. She lovingly posted it on our NZSU blog for us all to see. I made this card with an anniversary in mind. It uses two stamp sets from salebration (Polka dot punches-this is the heart, and Congrats- which is the word congratulations plus on the inside it reads - on another year of happy togetherness!). I'm not sure I'm completely happy with how this turned out. I pictured it differently in my head, oh well.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tru said...

Absolutely love both of these! I'll post your card on NZSU.

Michelle said...

Oh Kim - these are wonderful! Think your anniversary card is amazing, and LOVE the calendar. Might just be stealing the idea for a class... please?!

Judy said...

Both the calendar and the card are really great. BTW, take a peek at my blog. I left you a little something there...