Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3x3 Gift Set

This ones for you incredible girl.



I was challenged to make a card using the seeing spots stamp set. O.K so I didn't manage to make a normal standard sized card (sorry megan) instead I chose to do these 6, 3x3 (roughly) cards and box. Boy did I find this challenge tough to start with. A lot of procrastination went on I can tell you. In fact it got so bad I wondered what on earth had possessed me to buy this stamp set. After several weeks of getting the set out, staring for hours and then moving on to a different set I finally came up with this. Sorry about the wait Megan, hope you like what I came up with. I also discovered a really cool way to use your scallop punch while blog hopping the other day. Sorry can't remember who's blog this was on (if anyone knows please leave a comment so I can acknowledge) but this is what you do. Punch out a scallop, attach to a piece of paper ( cardstock is too thick), then simple line up your scallop punch so it is in the middle of each scallop and punch again. What you end up with is a really neat kind of star explosion. Wow. I've managed to post some pics of this, Poor quality ones, but I hope you get the jist. The demons are playing havoc with my computer and they have gone from the bottom to the top of the page so hopefully they make it from draft to post o.k.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)

INKcredible Girl said...

that is way cool and so worth the wait !! ... ummm I haven't done mine yet either for eactly the same reasons as you plus i had a sick child for ten days ... I get up this morning and the other child is claiming to be sick ......... I could scream!!!!!!! Very symapathic mother I am! I will get on to mine asap

Shirlz said...

Your cards are beautiful, you are just so talented, time for some workshops

Michelle said...

WOW KIM!! This set is just amazing! What a great design. WAY to clever. You SHOULD be taking tomorrow night's class at Inglewood High...
I have seen the scallop punch thing somewhere as well - can't remember where either. It is cool tho'!
Have a great day
Michelle