Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blossoms Abound

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLZ. Another year older another year wiser. Hope you enjoyed your day I know I did.

Okay so this is not bad for me. I think its only been what two days since my last post. Prettty good for me I reckon. Mind you it does help that I've had a couple of birthdays in the past two days that I've wanted to make cards for. The top one is the one I made for my very good friend shirlz. I had recently purchased blossoms abound and had a feeling it would make a pretty card. When I first looked at this set I thought I would have to use the stamp-a-ma-jig to get it all in the right places. But feeling a bit lazy decided to give it a go any way first without it. Its so easy to use, I loved it, and can honestly say this is going to be one of my favourite sets. Very cool. And I even managed a matching envelope.

Receipe: ink: old olive, pretty in pink,purely pomegrante. Card: whisper white, purely pomegrante and old olive. Accessories DSP, paper piercer, purely pomegrante double stiched ribbon, sponges.


So after I had made the top one, While all my supplies were once again littered over my office space I decided to try another. This time using pale plum and perfect plum, mellow moss and chocolate chip. I am wrapped with these results. I have not yet managed to purchase the marker set yet so was pretty pleased when i managed to use my pads to pull off the stems in chocolate chip and the leaves in mellow moss. The two tones are simple mellow moss stamped once with the branch and then stamped off once for the leaves. Hope that makes sense.









This was my last for the night. We have recently purchased a larger desk for my office which now allows me to blog hop and stamp at the same time. So while attempting the top two cards I stumbled across this one on Michelle Forces's blog, knew I'd have to case this so saved it to my pictures for future reference. Well you know how it goes I just couldn't resist trying this one straight away seeing as all the gear was still out. Changed the colours slightly but otherwise a complete case. Love it.

Receipe: old olive, pretty in pink, purely pomegrante (card and ink), whisper white card, sponges. purely pomegrante double stitched ribbon.


Well the weather here has been pretty nasty the last couple of days, just the right type for staying at home fire going and stamping. What to play with tonight I wonder?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooooh - I don't have this set but you are making me really really want to get it! Gorgeous cards. Thanks!
Michelle

Michele Force said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the ultimate compliment in CASEing my card! Yours looks fabulous!

Michele